Advanced features are also supported by Cast-TV middleware, such as:
– Multiple audio tracks support for live TV
– Multichannel 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound support for OTT audio delivery
– Subtitles and closed caption support for live TV (input and OTT streaming output);
– Cue in / Cue out support for content/ad replacement, such as SCTE-35 triggers input and output content discontinuity markers i, allowing the implementation of live stream stitching for cloud-side ad replacement, dynamic ad insertion (DAI) and targeted advertising.
– Live-to-File de-linearization / TV content clipping for catch-up TV service and network PVR TV recording, based on external cue in / cue out triggers, such as the live TV electronic program guide (EPG) or end-user scheduled recording instructions received via the back-end platform.